Possibly the most affordable home ownership opportunity in the world … Habitat houses have no interest-mortgages, and the combination of volunteer labor, your own sweat equity, and gifts from our individual donors, our local business owners, and grants make these homes much more affordable
- The applicant and co-applicant must be living in substandard housing at the time of the filing of the application.
- Have lived in the Payson High School attendance area for 12 months.
- Mortgage signers need to have a steady income that is more than 30% but less than the 60% percent of the Gila County area medium income (call us if you’re not sure you qualify).
- Proof of lawful, permanent residency status or US Citizenship is required for each applicant and co-applicant.
- Have an acceptable background check.
- Have an acceptable credit rating and history.
- Be able to make regular no-interest mortgage payments around $500/month to include principal, taxes and insurance plus HOA fees.
- Grant permission for a home visit.
- Be willing to contribute 200 hours of “sweat equity.”
- Be able to pay move-in costs of up to $2,200.
- Be willing to participate in a Homeowners Association (HOA) and comply with Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions (CC&Rs).
- All applications are valid for one year only.
- Families of all sizes are encouraged to apply (including seniors and individuals).
- Veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply, pick up an application at the Administrative Offices located inside the Payson Habitat ReStore (next to Urgent Care at the corner of Hwy 260 and Hwy 87), or call us at 928-474-0330. You can also write to the Family Selection Committee Chairperson at P.O. Box 1131, Payson, AZ 85547-1131 and request an application.
Only completed applications are considered on a first come first serve basis.
Payson Area Habitat for Humanity is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and under sections 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)of the Internal Revenue Code is a public charity. Donations to Payson Area Habitat for Humanity are tax deductible.
EQUAL HOUSING OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT: Payson Area Habitat for Humanity, Inc. is pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.