Possibly the most affordable home ownership opportunity in the world … Habitat houses have no interest-mortgages, and the combination of volunteer labor, your own sweat equity, and gifts from our individual donors, our local business owners, and grants make these homes much more affordable
Applications can be picked up Monday – Saturday, 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m at the ReStore located at 103 E. Hwy 260 next to Urgent Care. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Complete the application and return it along with all documents requested to the Administrative Offices located inside the ReStore between 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m Monday – Friday.
If you need assistance with completing the application, please schedule an appointment with one of our staff members and we will be happy to assist you. To schedule an appointment call (928) 474-0330
To qualify for a Habitat house, you must:
- Reside in inadequate housing.
- Have lived in the Payson High School attendance area for 12 months.
- Mortgage signers need to have a steady income that is less than the 60% percent of the Gila County area medium income (call us if you’re not sure you qualify).
- Have proof of U.S. permanent residence.
- Have an acceptable background check.
- Have an acceptable credit rating and history.
- Be able to make regular no-interest mortgage payments.
- Grant permission for a home visit.
- Be willing to contribute 200 to 500 hours of “sweat equity.”
- Be able to pay move-in costs of up to $2,200.
- Be willing to participate in a Homeowners Association (HOA) and comply with Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions (CC&Rs).
- All applications are valid for one year only.
- Families of all sizes are encouraged to apply (including seniors and individuals).
- Veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply, pick up an application at the Administrative Offices located inside the Payson Habitat ReStore (next to Urgent Care at the corner of Hwy 260 and Hwy 87), or call us at 928-474-0330. You can also write to the Family Selection Committee Chairperson at P.O. Box 1131, Payson, AZ 85547-1131 and request an application.
Payson Area Habitat for Humanity is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and under sections 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)of the Internal Revenue Code is a public charity. Donations to Payson Area Habitat for Humanity are tax deductible.
EQUAL HOUSING OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT: Payson Area Habitat for Humanity, Inc. is pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.