A Brush with Kindness is a program that helps low-income homeowners in preserving their homeownership by focusing on exterior home repair services. When basic expenses exceed income month after month, home maintenance is the usual casualty. Years of deferred maintenance can cause a downward spiral of home deterioration and unsafe living conditions.
- Are you living in challenging circumstances, which have created issues that are beyond what you can handle on your own?
- Are you struggling to keep your home in livable condition?
- Have you had to choose between paying for food, medication, taxes, and basic utilities?
- Are you facing city code violations or homeowner insurance cancellation due to the condition of your home?
Once a homeowner’s eligibility is determined and their application is accepted, Payson Area Habitat for Humanity’s A Brush with Kindness program provides caring volunteer groups who come alongside and assist homeowners in completing minor repairs, painting, and other home maintenance. PAHH asks homeowners to partner with a small donation and to volunteer 8 or more hours* of their time to help ABWK be a sustainable program.
Habitat for Humanity’s A Brush with Kindness focuses on exterior home repair services such as
- Minor exterior home repairs
- Exterior painting
- Fire wise
- Screen Repair
- Railing/trim/door repair
- Ramp repair
Payments made by the partner family are placed in a revolving fund so that Payson Area Habitat for Humanity’s A Brush with Kindness program can serve others in need.
Habitat for Humanity’s A Brush with Kindness uses volunteers, donated materials, and an affordable payment schedule to make repairs on homes, helping low-income homeowners continue to live independently and securely in their homes.
*Accommodations will be made for those unable to perform physical work independently and securely in their homes.